Yesterday we made a trip to the hospital. I was having contractions all night and then in the morning they didn't really go away so I called the doctor and she wanted me to go to L & D and get checked out. I thought the contractions were probably Braxton Hicks, but you can never be sure and they seemed to be 9 minutes apart so I was getting worried.
By the time I got somewhat of a bag packed (lesson learned, be more prepared!), Jacob to my Aunt Cheryl's house and met up with Chris to go to the hospital the contractions were 3 minutes apart!!! WOW! They hooked me up with IV fluids and pretty quickly the contractions spaced out, almost not even there. But after about 30 more minutes they came back again at 3 minutes apart. We were starting to think that maybe Alayna was going to come this early, but after about 30 more minutes, they spaced out again.
They told us that at this point in the pregnancy they wouldn't be super aggressive to stop labor so I got sent home and told to rest and drink lots of fluids. I'm still having contractions, but nothing regular or painful. I guess it's just a waiting game from here on out and I'll bet she comes early. (I hope, just not THIS early!)
For now, if you need me, I'll probably be sitting at home with my feet up and a big glass of water in my hands trying to buy some more time! Man, do I hope Jacob is cooperative! :o)
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You better be resting & drinking lots of fluids. We need to keep that little pumpkin in a few weeks more!
Love ya, Mom
I'm glad that you were able to keep the little one in a little longer :) Can't wait to meet her! (We miss Jacob too!)
Guess Alayna wants to make an early appearance! Glad to hear she's staying put for now!!!
Post a Comment