Jacob is blowing our minds lately with his vocabulary. It seems that everyday he says a few new words that I didn't know he knew. He's doing much better with sentences too. We're so proud of our little munchin! A lot of words still start with "B" or "M" that aren't suppose to, but he'll get it eventually.
Just yesterday alone he told me "Mommy, poopoo on my butt" (nice) and when asked where his shirt was, "Daddy took it off".
Counting is still not working for him, he counts things, but everything is 2. He points and says "two, two, two". Very cute though, he gets so proud of himself. He can point out all his colors and basic shapes, but can only say a select few; back (black), boo (blue), dedow (yellow) and dar (star), wear (square), heart.
He's really got one part of his manners down. He says "please" all the time! Which is good, except that he thinks it means that if he says it, he automatically gets what he wants. (ie in the store, "please please, Mommy please please.") But,he never says thank you even though we've been working on that very hard for a long time and he ignores us when we tell him to say sorry after a timeout. (At least he stays in the timeout spot until we say so!)
He's becoming very helpful around the house. He wants to help me with every little project I have. He helps put clothes in the dryer, dishes in the dishwasher, leaves in the lawn bags. He cleans up his toys, and puts his dishes in the sink when asked. I'm sure by the time the new baby comes, he's going to be ready to be the BEST big brother!
This Friday I have another ultrasound appointment to check the size of the baby and possibly change the due date if he/she is on the smaller side, I'll keep you posted. There's a chance that we might be able to find out the sex too since I'll be at 15 weeks. Otherwise we'll have to wait another month. Keep your fingers crossed!
Next week Chris will be out of town for work Tuesday and Wednesday, so if anyone feels like stopping over to keep Jacob and I company, (translation: give mommy a break from little crazy man) let me know, I'll cook you dinner!
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It won't be long before he starts smoking and drinking! Maybe I'll see you next week.
that last comment was Wayne
Post a Comment