Sorry I don't have any new pictures, we have been kinda busy lately. I swear, my camera must hve an inch of dust on it by now! (so sad!)
It seems that everyday Jacob is picking up a few new words. It's so nice to be able to talk to him in sentences and have him understand what you're saying. And he's really not all that bad of a listener too. Sometimes I tell him to do something, not really expecting that he can understand what I'm talking about...and low and behold, he does it! It's great!
His little language that he uses is the funniest. Here's a little list of words that we hear often.
Eldo (Elmo)
Innie (Ernie)
ainning (raining)
doe (snow)
oose (Lucy-sometimes we call her Luc....that's where that one came from)
Otts (Maggs)
Zes (yes)
choo choo (train)
of course there is a TON more, but these are a few of the cute ones that he mispronounces.
He loves to point out trucks and busses on the road, repeating the word over and over again until you acknowledge it...and sometimes even after.
He's really really good with animal noises, not so good with the names of the animals. He knows the shape of a star (tar) but a circle is still being called a ball.
The older he gets, the more fun it is around here.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is awesome to hear about him growing up! I can't wait to see him again. Maybe we could play some choo choo!!!!
Wayne
Don't you just love it when you finally start to crack the babble code? I need to see him again. It's been a while.
Gerilyn
Post a Comment