Jacob and I went to buy a bike seat today for his birthday present from Mom and Dad. You would not believe how hard it is to find one of these darn things. I went to 4 different stores and only found 2! You would think there would be a better selection than that! Anyway, we finally just got the one at the store we were at since we didn't want to go anywhere else and then we rolled over to the helmet section. Safety first, right? OH MY! Jacob thinks that a bike helmet is some sort of torture device and he was screaming and thrashing around trying to get the hemet off his head. He ended up scratching himself in the face trying so hard to get it off. We still bought one, but I'm wondering if the whole day was a big waste of time and waste of money. I'll try him after he wakes up from his nap and hopefully he'll be more accepting of the helmet, otherwise I don't think you'll be seeing us going for any bikes rides. It doesn't sound like much fun to have a screaming kid wiggling around making my bike unsteady just because of a "horrible" helmet. Any idea to may this a little easier on the little guy? I'm all ears.
*UPDATE*
After a few cries, I think he's getting used to it. Now that we got one that fits better and he realizes that he can't get it off, I think he's give up and is dealing with it. He even smiled for a few pictures! (the dorky sunglasses came with the helmet.)

No comments:
Post a Comment